In today’s modern Singapore home, it is almost impossible not to find at least one piece of wood. A house’s exterior alone, contains wooden structures in the framing, walls, ceilings, and floors. Although wooden materials are essential to a house’s exterior, they can also be used to instantly beautify its interiors. If you go to an interior design Singapore forum, you will find endless galleries of design ideas incorporating wood.
The Effect of Wooden Furniture and Fixtures.
There are several reasons why wood is a favourite material for interior designers and homeowners. First of all, it is practical to use. It can last for a lifetime if you use only the highest grade. Most kinds even get better with age.
It is very versatile as it can be crafted into virtually anything. Doors, shelves, staircases, tables, bed frames, you name it, wood can be used to make it. If you are not sure if you can use wood for a certain piece of furniture, visit an interior design Singapore forum and see if anyone has done what you are planning. There is a good chance that your idea can be turned into reality by the right carpenter.
As for the aesthetics, the wonders that wood can do for your home’s interior could prove to be limitless. The right combination of wooden furniture immediately adds an air of permanence and character to your house. It provides the perfect balance of formality and personality. It is both modern and traditional. These are things that alternate materials such as plastic and marble just would not be able to achieve the same way.
Whether you want a sophisticated, classic, rustic, minimalist, vintage, or contemporary look, it can all be achieved using quality carpentry. You have full control of how you want your dream house to turn out. A skilled carpenter can create wonderful masterpieces with wood.
Finding A Skilled Carpenter.
Some contractors on interior design Singapore forum sites only offer services for either design consultation or carpentry. In order to get the most out of your wooden design idea, you need to find a contractor that offers services for both interior design consultation and carpentry work. This ensures that the wood work will match every other part of a given room to give you a holistic look.
For the design aspect, look for a company that is known to have innovative and trendy ideas. They must keep their designs fresh by constantly searching for inspiration all over the world. This is especially important if you plan to have a modern-looking home. Find a designer that you think has the same taste as you. You will be able to find links to the portfolios of various designers on interior design Singapore forum sites.
As for the carpentry, find a company that specializes in this field. A lot of contractors actually start out in carpentry then eventually branch out to interior design. You will be able to tell right away if carpentry is one of their passions. Look for carpenters with superior craftsmanship and keen attention to detail. Whether you have a small idea or a clear vision, find a carpenter that can turn a design exactly how you want it to.
But aside from design and carpentry work, another area of expertise to watch out for is customer service and feedback. Contractors should listen to their client’s needs, ideas, and suggestions. This will keep you on the right path to getting your desired space. You will have access to a wide selection of contractors on interior design Singapore forum sites.
How And Where To Use The Wood.
Home improvement is always a joint effort between the contractor and the client. It is easier to approach a contractor if you already have a few small ideas. To get you started, here are some design ideas that incorporate wood innovatively:
• Install wooden beams below your ceiling, against walls, or above door frames. This will give your house a rustic look similar to those found in farmhouses and barns. Wooden beams can be especially useful in bungalows or houses that don’t have a lot of doors. They can be installed in an upright position and serve as room partitions.
• You don’t need all your furniture to be made out of wood. You can have accent pieces such as a wooden kitchen counter, a bathroom dresser, or a living room entertainment stand. They will immediately pop out and give life to a room.
• Wooden sliding doors take inspiration from Japanese houses. They will make a home look more relaxed and welcoming. Use wooden sliding doors as the entry way to your backyard or pool area. Mount glass panels onto a wooden framing and make your house look more spacious. Wooden sliding doors can even be applied to a pantry or cabinet.
• A wooden staircase is the quickest way to get a great looking modern home. They can be constructed into several designs such as spiral, quarter turn, half turn, geometrical, or simply straight. They are very sturdy and made of material that will not rot.
• Wooden panels can be installed anywhere in your home. You can completely cover the side of your bedroom that has your bed with wooden panels. You can also cover just a specific spot on a wall and hang a painting or a picture. Do this if you don’t want to drill holes directly into your wall.
• A popular trend right now is the use of wooden fixtures. They are usually used for the hanging or pendant type of lighting. Instead of being directly installed into your ceiling, these lights are made to hang below a piece of wood. They will look great right above your dining table.
If you are ready to take your home’s interior design to the next level with wood, start by looking for contractors on interior design Singapore forum sites or carpenters design group. 🙂 You will also be able to interact with interior design Singapore forum participants who will give you suggestions and recommendations.